Seven Deadly Sins and Sexual Abuse?

So I've been binge watching Seven Deadly Sins... and I love all the main characters, the story, the world, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT... but there's a problem- a groping problem. I cannot ignore it anymore as I was close to the end of the first season. I actually don't have a problem with the groping... I don't know if it's because I've seen millions of animes and that I've somehow developed a deep understanding of this subculture which makes me think that the groping is not really a real problem but that it was meant to be funny?

Related image

I looked it up and was surprised to see that there are mixed feedback about it. Some are disgusted, some think that it was meant to be funny and doesn't find the groping a problem (like me), and there were others who didn't care at all but were watching because of the great story line.

It still unsettled me a little so I had to dive in deeper and read through spoilers. So apparently, Melodias and Elizabeth are destined lovers from 3000 years ago... which is still not a good reason for the groping but then again there is the fact that Elizabeth does not "complain" about it and that Melodias does not grope anyone else but Elizabeth.

Related image

Call me creepy but this information relieved me. It just all made sense to me. I can't explain it clearly but there is peace inside my heart and that is more than enough for me.

Now I carry on to watching this awesome anime.

Comments