Becoming A Child

 “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3
 
This verse really confused me. So I asked google to help me in giving light as to what Jesus meant in this parable, for even the devotional of my daily reading didn't help in my understanding, in fact it made me all the more confuse. "This kind of “second childhood” isn’t senility. It’s reality; it’s a very happy state of mind to live in." I want to be in that happy state! I want to understand very, very much!
 
So this is what I found out:
Become as little children. Humble, teachable and free from selfish ambition, like little children.
 
Teachable yes, but all the other are sadly a few of my biggest struggles in life. I am not humble. I make it a point to brag every opportunity I can. Sometimes I think it's cute but all the time I know it must be annoying! Haha. I have ambitions, but is it selfish? Well my ambition is about my family and also a little about me. Is that selfish? Because if I learned something from reading the bible I know that we must always put others first before ourselves. But I will get there! Maybe,someday!
 
Grown-ups may think if they act better, swear less, drink less, or give more, they might earn a better place in heaven.
 
Well this totally is a wake up call! I admit to this and I'm now ashamed. Maybe it does help, but I guess not really, I'm very very glad and very very happy to have understood this parable.
 
In Jesus name!
 
XOXOXO
Bangz

Comments