Turtle-Duck Date Night

In the upcoming The Legend of Korra/Avatar: The Last Airbender tribute exhibition at Gallery Nucleus in Alhambra, CA you will see this image below!!!






 

This is, the main man, Bryan Konietzko's piece for the gallery.

As for this piece, I used and modified Emily Tetri's production painting of Harmony Tower (designed by Lee Jung-Su). Otherwise, I drew and painted the rest of it. I based the turtle-duck boats on the charming swan boats I saw while visiting Ueno Park in Tokyo. Gallery Nucleus will be selling the above artwork as an exclusive print, in a limited edition of 100, to be released on opening night (and I’m pretty sure I’ll be signing them). I will be donating 100% of my share of the proceeds to an LGBTQ suicide prevention hotline.

Oh man, I have no words of what I'm feeling right now. After months, and this just spring up on us... The feels just cam flooding in, now I can't breathe. More of this please!

Comments