ONE OK ROCK LOVE

Just this weekend, deviating from my usual search of kawaii things from Japan on IG, I typed in "JRock."

For such a common noun keyword search, I was surprised that all IG literally showed was this quartet band. I scrolled on and on, but it was just mostly about them. So of course I checked them out.


(Ryota , Taka, Toru and Tomoya)

They are called ONE OK ROCK. Their band name is stylized that way, I'm not screaming it at you. Hahaha...

I'm not trying to offend the Japanese people especially in their music industry and the fans, but I was really surprised that ONE OK ROCK guys looked "normal." I totally respect and applaud the visual kei branch of JRock, but sometimes it is a little bit overwhelming for me. I'm quite comfortable with the fact that I know the faces of the people I'm listening to.



I guess what sets ONE OK ROCK apart is that they do seem too westernized, but I don't think it's a bad thing... and I especially love that their lyrics are mostly in English. Hey, their people don't mind it either, I guess.

Another proof that they're a great band. They've been signed by Warner Bros. Records and have toured all over the world with great bands... They have massive international followers!! And I'm definitely one of them.

ONE OK ROCK also did sound tracks for the Rurouni Kenshin sequels, but I didn't know them then.








Comments