Discipline

I've been thinking that I'm not spending enough time with my girl than I should. On the weekends when I'm at home ofcourse after a long week's toll of work, I want to chill out, put my feet up. But not in my life right now. Especially with an adventurous one year old. Sometimes I get to escape by letting my cousins watch over her for a few hours then I can do what I must- facebook, instagram, tumblr, or watch Downton Abbey, etc.
 
Most noticeable trait that I'm beginning to see as a problem is Zoey's temper. When she doesn't get what she wants, she yells at you or when you stop her from doing what she wants, like climbing chairs or going down the stairs, she'll roll over and cry full-power! I question why she's the way she is, and I know why she's that way because we're not there disciplining her. If I had lived in a perfect world I would'nt be working and just be with Zoey and raise her up myself, but I don't. I have to make ends meet and help my better half in achieving what he wants to achieve.
 
I don't know how my cousins, who for the meantime take care of Zoey till we find another yaya, discipline her or if there's any discipline at all. It just scares me that Zoey's the way she is and I'm afraid that if I don't do anything about it now it'll be a big problem when she's grown up. Mostly I'm afraid that she won't get along well with other people, that they wouldn't like her because she has such a strong character or let's just say 'sipat.' I know I'm being praning again. She still has pre-school to go through first. I'm so afraid to make mistakes and raise up a bad person, which would be very unlikely because the people around her are loving and caring... and I hope that's enough.
 
Well, I will definitely do my part and I just pray God will give me the patience- a lot of it- and the understanding and love that will just be enough to nurture Zoey.
 
Discipline your children, and they will give you peace;
they will bring you the delights you desire.
                                                  - Proverbs 29:17
 
 
XOXOXO
Bangzkie

 

Comments