Saving Mr. Banks

Walt Disney and P.L. Travers in 'Saving Mr. Banks'

Tom Hanks plays Walt Disney with, walking along side him, Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney, Harry Potter movies) as P. L. Travers, the celebrated author of the Mary Poppins Books.

... in Saving Mr. Banks, we watch her life unfold and experience a rocky relationship with Walt because she doesn't want her work to be changed by a movie studio.

I read somewhere of this said conflict that had happened between the two. I was thinking that maybe it was the reason why there were no other Mary Poppins movie, since the book series comprises of eight books. The movie is one of my favorite movies of all time, because it reminds me so much of my childhood always watching it with my siblings.

Saving Mr. Banks opens in theaters December 20. This will be great gift for Christmas!

Comments