The Mother of all Gilmores

I am a big Gilmore Girls fan.
 
I regrett not watching it as much when it was still aired on TV, because I knew that it would have a marathon on Holy Week. I started living my life, always out of the house and neglected watching Rory and her adventures. I'm still trying to do something about watching all the episodes. Obviously not enough. Between seasons 4-6 are the parts which I think I've missed out.
 
I hold to high regards the creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino. She's a genius, and she is truly very funny and witty. Her greatest influence is Dorothy Parker, a writer best known for her wit. I'm trying to find works that she has written to get to knw her better. Ms. Amy, as I of the Gilmore Girls, is such a big fan of Ms. Dorothy that she created a production company and named it after her idol, the Doroth Parker Drank Here Productions, which produced Gilmore Girls, The Return of Jezebel James and the now ongoing Bunheads.
 
I pray that they will produce more TV series because they create the types which smart and creative women could relate to and for others to be interested in. Too bad they stopped airing The Return of Jezebel James, because of poor ratings. I think it had a great theme for a TV series. Reminds me of "Ina Kapatid Anak," which also tackles surrogacy. Contrary to Bunheads which is receiving great reviews and has just concluded it's first season. Fresh new season will be aired on January.
 
I guess Ms. Amy really is big on loyalty. Some of the actors from Gilmore Girls are also in Bunheads, Kelly Bishop with a lead role. I hear it still has the wit to it. so I'm lloking forward to watching this also.

Comments