15 Days To Go Till ONE OK ROCK Comes to the Philippines

(REPOSTING BECAUSE I THINK I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT YESTERDAY!)


It has been almost 4 months since I've bought the tickets. Almost 5 months since it was announced that ONE OK ROCK will be having an Asian tour and the Philippines is one of the lucky country they'll play for. It's been only 6 months since the first time I've heard about the band. And in a matter of 15 days I'm gonna be facing one of my biggest fears, riding a plane, to see these 4 boys play in a venue that can house up to 20,000 people.




I'm saying a lot of numbers here and it might not make sense but one thing's clear, it's that I love ONE OK ROCK. It doesn't matter that I've only just heard of them. It doesn't matter some of their hard core fans may say that I'm some noob or whatever 'cause I know there are some fans who are like that. Let's just all look past who was a longer fan and focus on supporting the band and their songs.




Just this December I went to my first ever meet-up and I meet some of the coolest and nicest people and they are all ONE OK ROCK fans. It's funny 'cause some of us thought that we were the only fans in our city. and likewise, there was an overwhelming feeling, like meeting your soulmate or something of the sort, in meeting other people with the same interests as you... it's just really magical.


We watched the band's concerts and I knew all of us in that moment were picturing ourselves, in month's time, looking up at these uber talented boys the same way the fans in the screen are. Everyone was so gigil to be on the pit and mosh and headbang the night away to Memory, Cry out or The Beginning to name a few, since most had VIP standing tickets.




And to cap off that night... the sky was full of stars. Seriously, FULL OF STARS. Like they all aligned for us ONE OK ROCKers from Davao. LOL!


Me, I opted for a seated VIP. I'm still having doubts about the seats I've chosen but anywhere is good just to be in their presence. Just to hear them live. That was just really it. That was all that I wanted. I was so moved the first time I heard them that I knew then and there that I want to see them live - no matter what.


My one reader (LOL) would know that I've always been a Foo Fighters fan and they're the only band I want to see live. I let so many bands just walk by, like I don't even give a fig because they don't stir up my soul like the Foos have... and now like ONE OK ROCK does! So once I see them live in 15 days' time, then there'd only be Foo Fighters left to see and then I can just be done with my life... Hahaha! Just kidding.




Taka, Toru, Ryota and Tomoya are currently enjoying their time off after their North American and European tour. REST UP BOYS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT HANDLE THE PHILIPPINE FANS!!! XD


#ONEOKROCKLiveinManila



Comments