Highs and Lows

The concert was great. One of the best nights of my life and definitely the best concert I've been to!


But I can't ignore the feeling that there was something lacking. Like talking to your crush for the first time, only to find no spark and feeling weird afterward.


The next day after the concert I was just so eager to get out of Manila and go back home to my daughter and family. And before reaching them, I have to take a dreaded plane at night. Flying at night just makes it a lot scarier, okay?


I can't really point it out. Did I expect too much? But they did live up to my expectation! They were so much better live. I even sort of regretted not buying VIP Standing tickets, because the stage was really so close to the audience.


It's been almost a week and I find myself grasping for the memories... Is it because I conditioned myself, swearing that after the concert, that'll be it, as I still have exams that I must focus on?


That night felt more like a dream as I receive text messages today that is making me upset. Well hello, real life.


And so I put on my headphones for the first time since the concert, and I find myself hesitating to play their songs, but hit play anyway... and I found myself smiling, as I remembered the feeling I felt that night. All negativity gone and I just felt warm and tingly inside. And here I am writing about it.


How can I quit you when you're a part of my life? Being a little less obsessed doesn't mean my love for the band has diminished. Their songs will always make me happy, and when that time comes when I'll be listening to them less or eventually stop, I know I can still come back to them when I feel down. OOR will save me.


Quarter life crisis? LOL!


Photos are by Dana of Conquering Space.


1DSCF8231

1DSCF8179

1DSCF8169

1DSCF8209

Comments